Hunter x Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The Hunter exam is now going on you will have 12 hours to complete the exam.

Need Some Writing Practice? So Do We!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Manifesto
Legend
Need Some Writing Practice? So Do We!! 4uzUw7b
Manifesto

Need Some Writing Practice? So Do We!! ZjecY46
Posts Posts : 221
Join date Join date : 2013-04-11
Age Age : 31
Location Location : YorkNew City

Need Some Writing Practice? So Do We!! Empty
PostSubject: Need Some Writing Practice? So Do We!!   Need Some Writing Practice? So Do We!! EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 6:04 am

No matter how long I spend roleplaying, I will never be as skilled as someone else out there. Whether it's on HxR, or some site I've never heard of, there will always be someone who is better at the individual parts that make up a brilliant post/plot/character, etc.

HOWEVER, if I know one thing, it's this: Practice makes... well, not perfect. But pretty dang close. And the point isn't even to be "perfect," here. That's not what HxR is about. The point is to gain the experience to better a part of your writing, or all of the facets that are included within that topic.

I probably say it too much, but if I could publish novels, my life would be complete. (well, more or less). And that's because my stories - my characters - might make a difference for someone. They might matter, and they might be important. They might be relevant. So, here's what I want to suggest:

If you aren't sure how your character is relevant, think about the site plot. Determine where they will fit even as you're creating the app. Or message an Admin and give them an idea for a character and ask us to find them a place. Ask us who we need or what faction at the least, and then make a character that speaks to you but is also useful for the plot.

If that character has already been made, start thinking ahead. If... Death Eaters become the faction in charge, how will your character react? Just ask yourself those things when you wonder after why you made a character. When you consider dropping them because you can't find a use for them. Even if they can't impact the site plot today or tomorrow, you can prepare both them and yourself by considering possibilities they might encounter, by writing with people you wouldn't normally. You may want to check the Jump Into The Site Plot subforum, where I intend to start some fun opportunities, and where the Admins can give you some suggestions for how to start getting involved. Also, take into account the fact that, even if you don't know it yet, the Admins are almost always wondering where the site plot can go next. If you show interest in certain sections, we can get a better idea of what types of characters you guys want involved! We want to make you happy and give you chances to get your characters some fun things to react to.

Also, we Admins won't pretend that we don't want to work on certain areas, ourselves. Because I can't speak for each individually, I won't make some sort of Admin-specific list. BUT! Here are some suggestions for things you can PM us about, to get some easy practice!

-Any of the above things, of course, are open for questions

-Practice with Dueling (We can set up a simple fight thread for adults or a dueling-club style thread for students!)

-Magical Creatures writing practice (not sure how a werewolf acts? PM an admin with a werewolf character for some hands-on thread experience! Same goes for other magical creatures, of course.)

-Working your characters into the site plot (We can go over some suggestions and act as a springboard for ideas if you just want to discuss them with someone! We're also good for helping with non-romance personal plotting, if you're interested in that.)
Back to top Go down
Richard
Advanced
Need Some Writing Practice? So Do We!! Ugl3bPT
Richard

Posts Posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Need Some Writing Practice? So Do We!!   Need Some Writing Practice? So Do We!! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 8:13 pm

Thank you for sharing this wonderful article Manifesto it is indeed really helpful for our new members who our beginner about role playing. Kudos for you.
Back to top Go down
Manifesto
Legend
Need Some Writing Practice? So Do We!! 4uzUw7b
Manifesto

Need Some Writing Practice? So Do We!! ZjecY46
Posts Posts : 221
Age Age : 31
Location Location : YorkNew City

PostSubject: Re: Need Some Writing Practice? So Do We!!   Need Some Writing Practice? So Do We!! EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 3:37 am

No problem Richard and thanks for the feedback Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Alva Zedler
Advanced
Need Some Writing Practice? So Do We!! Ftf9Rv5
Alva Zedler

Posts Posts : 64
Join date Join date : 2015-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Need Some Writing Practice? So Do We!!   Need Some Writing Practice? So Do We!! EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:22 am

Thank you for this Manifesto it is very helpful for new members
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Some Writing Practice? So Do We!!   Need Some Writing Practice? So Do We!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Some Writing Practice? So Do We!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hunter x Roleplay :: Entertainment And Off-Topics :: Roleplaying Advice-
Jump to: